The Caribbean Sacred Knowledge (‘ilm) Retreat is a grassroots initiative that is designed to renew and revive our collective commitment to the principles of Ahlus- Sunnah wal-Jama’ah. We aim to do this by bringing together believing men and women from Guyana, Trinidad, the wider Caribbean region, Latin America, and anyone who wishes to study with qualified scholars.
We hope that these retreats will become an annual event in the Caribbean Insha Allah. This initiative is a unique collaboration between Caribbean Muslims living in the region and those who immigrated to North America.
This initiative is not associated nor is it affiliated to any organization or tariqah, but rather it is an independent endeavor that enjoys the support of Guyanese and Trinidadian Muslims who live and work in Canada and/or the United States.
- To strengthen the understanding and practices of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama’ah in the Caribbean
- To help make traditional learning available to members of the Caribbean Muslim community
- To encourage young men and women in the Caribbean to act upon their desire to engage in a serious study of the Islamic sacred sciences
- To link Caribbean Muslims to similar initiatives in North America, Europe and elsewhere
- To introduce participants to scholars and use this opportunity to establish a firm bond between students of ‘ilm in the Caribbean region and visiting scholars.